By Pastor Bayo Adeyokunnu @ the 2013 Sandy Cove Prayer Retreat
Bible reference: Numbers 23:1-3, 14, 29, 30
Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended (Isaiah 60:20). The voice of weeping nor crying shall no more be heard in your life for God will joy in his people (Isaiah 65:19). The bible says in Deut. 33:6 “let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few.” Brethren, you will live, and not die in the mighty name of Jesus!!!!
People in the occultic realm understand spiritual principles. The children of Israel had been prospering and walking in dominion. They were possessing their possessions and doing well. So a king hired an evil prophet to prophesy against them and curse them! This prophet understanding spiritual things therefore prepared the perfect altar. Seven is the number of perfection. When he tried to curse God’s people his altar did not work because sin was not found in the people of God. This evil prophet did not give up. He prepared a perfect altar two more times. Brethren, the enemy is tenacious and does not give up easily.
What is an Altar?
- Altar is a place of spiritual sacrifice
- It is a place of contact with the spirit world
- It is a place of communion with God or gods
- It is a place of invocation
- It is a place of servicing and activating covenants
- It is an entry point of spirits into the earth
- It is the launching pad of spiritual operations to attack
- It is a place of fellowship Purposes of satanic altars
- Satanic altars are raised to stop people’s progress
- They are raised to kill, destroy, and truncate destinies
- They are raised to stop the counsel of God concerning a person and limit them Balaam raised SEVEN evil altars not once but THREE different times with the sole purpose of cursing God’s children! However, none of them worked and this was because no iniquity could be found in God’s children. Friends, if a person is living holy, the satanic altars will not work against them. Sin creates an open door for the enemy to attack.
Different Types of Altars
1. Godly altars. A child of God can raise an altar of prayer, praise, worship, thanksgiving, tithes paying, sacrificial giving unto God. This counteracts satanic altars.
2. Marine altars. In the book of Exodus, God instructed Moses to go early in the morning to River Nile before Pharaoh got there. This was so that he could counsel the marine altar that Pharaoh often sacrifices to!
3.Territorial altars. Before going to preach in a location many men of God raise up an altar of prayer to counteracts these altars.
4. Forest altars
5. Cemetry altars
6. Road junction altars
7.The sun, moon, and stars can be used as an evil altar and programmed to work against an individual. In Judges 5:20 we are told that the stars in their courses fought against Sisera. The bible tells us in Psalms 121:6 that the sun shall not smite us by day nor the moon by night.
In 2 Kings 3:26-27, the king of Moab offered his eldest son as a sacrifice to his evil altar and the prophecy of Elisha (a man of God) was cancelled! Friends, the spiritual realm is like an auction market and power goes to the highest bidder! The kingdom of heaven suffers violence and the VIOLENT takes it by force.
Effects of satanic altars
- Satanic altars oppose God and his grace in people’s lives
- They result in endless struggles and suffering
- They cause limitation and frustration
- They cause open doors for evil spirits
- They delay the program of God in people’s lives
- They cause unsolvable mysteries
- They cause unending problems, prolonged afflictions
- They cause a trend of divorce, poverty, backwardness, barrenness, untimely death, shame, disaster, etc
What is the way out?
1. Genuine repentance. Unrepented sin will allow the enemy to have a filled day. The only reason the altar of Balaam did not work was because there was no iniquity in Israel. Man’s greatest problem is that of the flesh. Conquer the flesh.
2. Spiritual warfare. You can dismiss the supervising priests behind the evil altars (satanic gatekeepers). Luke 10:19 says Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Contend with them in battle. Bind the strongmen and render them impotent!
3. Raise and maintain a sustained altar of intercession until permanent victory is won. There are some evil altars that require more than seven days fasting to conquer. Isaiah 62:6-7 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
4. Service your altar continually with the blood of Jesus. In Revelations we are told that they overcame him by the blood of the lamb. Jesus is the lamb that was slain.
5. Set the satanic altars ablaze by the fire of the Holy Ghost. God is a consuming fire.
6. Service the altar continually by sowing and giving. Unfortunately this is the one area that the church of God is slacking in. We are told in the book of Ecclesiastes 11 “Cast thy BREAD upon the waters, after many days it shall come to you”. Friends, there is a difference between seed and bread. Bread is something meant for you to eat. Something you wanted to use to treat yourself with. You can decide to sow your bread. Offering brings miracle. Everyday, give an offering. You can put an offering aside for God DAILY and then bring it to church on Sunday. Ecclesiastes 11:2 says Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. A sacrifice is something that costs you. It is usually not convenient for you. The wise men brought gold, frankinsence and myrrh to worship Jesus when he was born. There is such a thing as a gold offering:
A gold offering should not be less than what you have treated yourself with in the past. If you have ever bought yourself something worth $2000, your gold offering shouldn’t be less that. If you have ever thrown yourself a birthday bash or paid for your daughter’s wedding in the amount of $15,000 then your gold offering should not be less than that. Finally, your gold offering should be given in ONE sum and not in bits. Exodus 25:3 And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass, Friends, a gold offering will silence a satanic altar COMPLETELY!!!!
There are different degrees of offering. The widow’s mite was “ALL” she had. Your offering can speak vengeance: Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. Abraham gave a gold offering which silenced idolatory in his family. Solomon gave a gold offering which silenced bloodshed in his family. Do something unusual for God in order for God to move unusually in your life. You cannot live a normal life and expect unusual things from God. Repair the broken altars (1st Kings 18:30). Commit yourself to obedience:
Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
Never join anybody to work against your pastor. Don’t stay where they are talking about your pastor. Don’t rebel against authority. If you don’t like the rules, you can always leave. The bible says the rebellious dwell in a dry land:
Psalm 68:6 God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
Honor, reverence, support, and pray for your pastor !!!!!